How do you do it? I get this question quite a bit, so for today’s post I want to share a few tips with you. You can expect more of this in future posts, but for now here are a few of the skills you’ll need to have in order thrive as a Public Relations professional in today’s market.
- Copywriting: I cannot stress the important of great writing. It will be key for developing advertising copy and press material.
- Mobile: Developing and leveraging mobile content is going to be key in the coming years and should really be at the forefront of your campaign strategies. It’s all about the customer experience. We’ll discuss in greater detail in future posts, so stay tuned.
- Video Production: In today’s climate everything is visual. From trailers, vlogs, meme’s and gifs – the ability to create visual content will take you far. iMovie can be your best friend.
- Social Content Curation: Today’s PR professionals should understand how to create engaging social media content that’s relevant, provocative and not “salesy”.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Analytics: Great SEO can help you accelerate the content discovery process and increase brand awareness. Understand the basics and how to analyze the effectiveness and reach of your campaigns.